02 August, 2008

Neat sh*t and geloscopy....

Some goddesses are puzzled by this...like me...

sshhh! The goddess shops at Goodwill. The goddess likes shopping at Goodwill, and Salvation Army and any other thrift store I can find. (That's why the goddess' house is buried to the eyeballs in neat sh*t! as her dh says!)

I like seeing what other people once thought was neat sh*t. We like cruising for SCA stuff.

My dd likes to occasionally find the uniquely cool piece of clothing that fits her personal style better than the current Britney Spears/Paris Hilton slut look that's in all the stores.This jacket she wore to a semi-formal awards ceremony at school was one of her finds. (After we'd struck out in all the normal clothing stores looking for something special that wouldn't make her look inappropriate.) It had cool material and loop buttons that go halfway down the front. It looks really cute on her. Sorry my pictures don't do her justice. :(

My ds is usually bored by it all (there are no decent electronics or video games!

But me, the goddess, I LOVE to look at what books people have discarded and see what treasures I can find in their midst. And so I found this one....

The Word Museum by Jeffrey Kacirk. This is such a cool book!

Where else can you find out you're a crastine because you put stuff off from day to day? And that to baffound someone is to stun and perplex them? Maybe I should have been the baffounding goddess? Nah. People are puzzled enough by me as it is!

And to answer the $64K question....geloscopy is to do divination by means of laughter. So hopefully you've gotten a chuckle or two out of this.

I've been known to get my jawing-tacks on board and to kiss the cap, but I've never had a key of the street. :)

blessings from a monsterful and puzzled goddess...

No comments:

RANDOM READS FROM OUR FAMILY LIBRARY