01 August, 2008

Hairballs?

Some goddesses are puzzled by this...like me...

I now know how cats must feel when they have a hairball. I thought I knew, when I was pregnant, TWICE, and was throwing up my toenails for the full 10 MONTHS of the grueling ordeal, multiple times per day....but I was wrong.

I have now started losing so much hair to thyroid disease that I find it EVERYWHERE. And I swear to all the gods that I tie it back at all times...even in a BRAID. But the d*mn stuff leaps off my head and junps into whatever I'm doing! Take a bath, end up with long strands of hair wrapped through unmentionable places. Take a nap, end up with long strands of hair tickling your nose or forhead blowing in the wind from my CPAP. Make food, invariably SOMEONE ends up with a strand or two in whatever they are eating. It's a conspiracy, they can't all be mine...but I've got the longest hair in the house! aargh....

The final straw was my egg salad sandwich last night. I ate it; it tasted fine; I then noticed the feeling of a strand of hair on my tongue....as I pulled the 12 inch long piece out I choked and gagged just like my cats! I looked at it, to make sure it was mine....but I couldn't blame it on anyone else. It's gray.

It's the silly things that puzzle me most :)

Blessings from a puzzled goddess

3 comments:

Rick Prowett said...

Well love, I'm pretty sure it isn't one of mine!

I love you!

Goddess of Everything said...

Chuckle and groan.

Unknown said...

I know honey. I could blame it on you though until you shaved it all off!
PHHHHLT!

RANDOM READS FROM OUR FAMILY LIBRARY