30 July, 2008

Mission organization, mission too many books, mission ......impossible!

Some goddesses are puzzled by this...like me...

My DH and I have a bet.
I think I'm going to win.
I'm not sure I want to.

For the last few months I've been trying to organize our books, as a first step to organizing our videos, dvds, cds, tapes, and photos. Oh sh*t! I'm going to be buried alive before I'm done!

But anyway, the bet. I bet him that we had WELL over 2,000 books...he thinks we have about 2,000. I'm thinking more like 6,000. Even when you consider the 70-100 periodicals that are in our library, or the maybe 100 books I've added that I borrowed from libraries and input my reviews for into our library. (listed here) I think we have waaaay too many books. I know, all my bibliophile friends are cringing even as they read this. *grin* But I still have crates and boxes of unpacked books from our move over 2 YEARS ago! The local friends of the library and Goodwill will probably get a windfall once we decide what we can bear to part with.

We bought more bookshelves...my whole living room wall has been taken over by them. They've been there long enough that the creeping crud of detritus that accumulates on all horizontal surfaces is starting to infect them. We are now over 600 books in my online listing, and I don't have the whole bookcase full, and I'm far from having entered even a small portion of our library....eeek! I knew books had taken over my house. 1300 sqft of piles and boxes of books. OMG! it's silverfish heaven right here in the Gorge!

Notice from the photo that the only shelf that has been loaded 'correctly' is my dh's gaming books, but this isn't even the half of them! The middle bookcase is the start of my illumination and calligraphy library. The books are so many different sizes that I'm confuseld (like confused but worse) over how to fit them in and keep them organized.

The bet...well the prize is a book of the winner's choice of course!

Blessings to all from a puzzled goddess buried in books.

No comments:

RANDOM READS FROM OUR FAMILY LIBRARY