21 August, 2008

Canine interruptus and kitty time bombs...

Some goddesses are puzzled by this...like me...

Okay, we all love our pets and the give us such WONDERFUL attention; it's not that I'm trying to bang on them or anything (hmmm, I take that back. I bang on my family, why not my pets?)

Anyway, we managed to get the kids gone for a few days last week and dh and I were getting... very... friendly... when the dog, Shadow, decided to peek his head over the edge of the bed and find out what was going on. That whole wet beard and whiskers on the arm thing and little eyes staring at you with the, "hey, mom, can I play too? " look was just a mood killer. R got to put him out of the room. Then we listened to him whimper and scratch on the door for the next hour. (Now I know why my sleep doctor suggests all animals stay OFF the bed *grin*)

But of course, this is the same dog who will leave you a present pile in the living room, right in front of the TV, if you are gone more than 5 minutes and he doesn't think you should have been. And his most endearing habit is the way he greets strangers with licks and a leg hump.

"My, what a CUTE dog." I've heard more than once as they try and disconnect him from their leg. :)

The kitten, Mystique, or as my DH says, Ms Sneakiness or affectionately 'Tique is just too busy investigatin' all this and that to be too much of a pain in the posterior. When she's not leaving Tique bombs in the corner of my closet or tipping over the family pictures on her way to the window. She's just trying to convince us of what a goddess she is and have us bow down and worship. Which of course, we gladly do. You can't see her byootiful blue eyes here, but they are incredible....and her little white feet that just make you convinced that if somebody got into sumthin' it COULDN'T be her! She's the one that some neighbors found in their woodpile in December of last year, just a few days old. We think she was probably the runt and it was touch and go when my mom-in-law nursed her back to health. She was a raggedy kitty for awhile too!


But the Leon kitty is our best mouser. The only one better in the family at catching mice is my son! LOL (no joke!) But Leelee, as we like to call him, can stalk with the best of them. When he isn't sucking up the attention from my daughter or begging me in that demanding cater-wall of his to play laser mouse with him. Hmmpt!

He was also a feral cat who was rescued by some friends...his EXTREME friendliness bears this out! LOL Not!

With his trips to the litter box he's been known to clear a room in less than 20 seconds...(he and my dh are competing for the fastest time, I swear!)

And the last edition to our current managerie is the queen b*tch of them all. And she has earned that title in the 13 years she has graced us with her presence. Those gray whiskers she earned!

You'd never know she started life as a barn cat with the airs she puts on! She has definitely come up in station since her kitten hood. Starting out by teething on the fingers of my custom grey leather gauntlets and helping the puppy maneuver the 18 count box of CHOCOLATE Dunkin' Donuts off the table, she's just gone on to bigger and better since then. Dh has MANY nicknames for this one! Shallow kitty, Shadow brat, black b*tch, kitty rat...you name it and she's probably earned it!

She REALLY is hatin' all the additions to the family and is letting us know. The hissing and spitting would be a clue even if she wasn't hiding in our bedroom and leaving us presents in odd places. (no, that ISN'T stuffing coming out of the bottom of my shoe! Luckily, I looked down BEFORE I put my foot in it! or we would have had 'flying kitty'!) At least she could have said, "sorry."

blessings from a puzzled goddess enjoying her managerie

1 comment:

Rick Prowett said...

w00f,w00f!
And I would gladly shut him out of the room again! LOL
luv u!

RANDOM READS FROM OUR FAMILY LIBRARY