19 August, 2008

Warm trends and clear skies...

Some goddesses are puzzled by this...like me...

Now that the warm spell has broken and it's been drizzling on and off outside, I get curious about climate change and warming trends in global weather....it's kind of like me cleaning up the bathroom AFTER I have company here. :)

On one of the blogs I keep track of there was a recent article about a book that explored the global warming trend from the 10th-15th century and the effects on different civilizations. It was sobering.

As we dealt with record temperatures this last week and see the climate changes all over the world take effect, it concerns me that entire civilizations during the middle ages were lost to drought from these types of climate changes. It is theorized that this helped destroy the Maya civilization among others.

Not that I'm a particular fan of the Maya and the warming trend in the middle ages did help the Northern civilizations to advance...

but gee... I'm a member of the instant gratification generation. I really would like to see all civilizations thrive....gods, who EVER would think I'd grow up to be such an optimist?

There's a great site put together by the US EPA that discusses climate change and the effects.

pictures of my beautiful mountains in the rain
from a puzzled goddess

No comments:

RANDOM READS FROM OUR FAMILY LIBRARY