30 August, 2008

Okay honey, black diamonds it is...

Some goddesses are puzzled by this...like me...

There was a really cool discovery mentioned on the About.com medieval blog I follow occasionally. It's an 11th century black diamond ring! The Telegraph in the UK had this article about it.

[imagine whiney voice here] Honey....what do I need to do to get a ring like that?... It's from my time period.....LOL

I was most impressed that the diamond was cut into a pyramid shape and the gold it was mounted in was worn so smooth that it almost looked painted onto the edge surface of the diamond. (There is a picture posted with the article.) Black diamonds are a neat thing. I'm seriously hoping this story is followed up on and we find out more about the 11th century owner of the ring, if indeed that's when it's from.

Black diamonds being so rare, they are probably well out of my price range. According to this website, the "Black Diamond: Gives us courage to look within without illusion" That's certainly a handy skill to have.

But then again, when I pass away he could always have a life gem created to mount in a ring like this. :) I wouldn't be able to enjoy it, but I'm sure my spirit would be happy. AS LONG AS THE DIAMOND ISN'T WHITE! Clear diamonds are SO yesterday. Maybe a nice blue, like these flowers?

You know hon, you could always get your mom to cut some hematite....

a puzzled goddess posting from an avaricious place in her soul

No comments:

RANDOM READS FROM OUR FAMILY LIBRARY