28 August, 2008

Blind nightmares of feng shui

Some goddesses are puzzled by this...like me...

I have always hated venetian blinds as a window covering. They are ugly, dirty and awkward. Studying Feng Shui as I did a few years ago (didn't everyone?) I discovered a GREAT excuse for my hatred....They cut CHI! Make it sharp edged. NOT what you want to happen in your home or workplace; you want the energy to flow gently throughout.

But after consulting a blog or two, I've come to the conclusion that nothing in my current house is good Feng Shui! Surprise, surprise. LOL My door faces the wrong way. My windows slide, not openning outward. Most views out our windows are offensive to the senses in various ways, but that's what you get in a 1970's tract house. They weren't thinking of homely harmony when they were throwing them up as fast as they could. No wonder I keep most of my windows covered!

Now, if I could just get rid of the clutter I KNOW we'd all be healthier

...of course, I'm the worst offender!

homely musings from a puzzled goddess

2 comments:

Kami said...

If you figure out a painless way to conquer clutter let me know!! It seems I get one area cleared out and another one forms.

Maybe lots of rubbermaid containers. Lots and lots of rubbermaid containers.

Goddess of Everything said...

Get some really pretty sheets, and toss them over the clutter. Then, down a bottle of tequila and feng shui shmeng fui!

RANDOM READS FROM OUR FAMILY LIBRARY