18 December, 2008

Snow is good, right?

Some goddesses are puzzled by this...like me...

It's snowing; it's been snowing; it is supposed to keep snowing. Unlike my daughter, I like snow. I just feel so rushed this holiday that I feel like it is cutting into my already short supply of time. It doesn't help that I'm trying to actually SLEEP for, like, 8 or so hours a day, even if it's in snatches.

The pain induced insomnia is a bitch, and it's not like I get anything productive done while I'm waiting to sleep. I'd love to be able to say I'm Martha Stewart or Betty Crocker when my head's exploding, but such is not the case. I'm lucky month to month if I can keep up with the grocery shopping and meal planning, some laundry, helping with some homework and riding the kids to do their chores. We try to go to all the home games at least for all the sports our kids are involved with as well. Whew! I understand why people get so depressed this time of year.

Add debt that's piled up when the oil companies raped us all and necessities I've put off buying for the kids and ourselves and I'm feeling the pinch.

We finally broke down and got new cell phones. Yes, even for our kids. We got the best models that come free with our plan (free, hah!) but I also got the program that t-mobile has that will allow me to give everyone allowances of our plan minutes, and I can change it depending on if they have completed their responsibilities or not. (*evil laugh*) THIS I can get into!

What sucks is that now I have to learn chat speak...ugh!

from a frazzled puzzled goddess

3 comments:

Kami said...

Hang in there, love!

We're basically snowed in until whenever the weather decides to warm up enough to free up the roads. This is one of those years where I'll actually be digging out the driveway. We've only had to do that twice since we moved here! It sure is pretty ...

Goddess of Everything said...

The cell phone -- the new leash for your kids. My son's voicemail message includes the line, You've reached the end of my leash. Please, leave a message.
Half of the texts from my phone say, "Where are you?"

I am curious if you have your Christmas shopping done? If not, what's your plan? The snow is great if you don't have to go anywhere.

Unknown said...

We finished our xmas shopping tonight. The roads weren't bad at all. Got to Gresham around 8 and back just a bit ago. 6 stores later, we are done! We still don't have a tree though, and the kid has a basketball game tomorrow.

RANDOM READS FROM OUR FAMILY LIBRARY