21 July, 2008

Navel Contemplation, Bellybutton lint, and surprised by beauty.

Some goddesses are puzzled by this...like me...

Spending much time lately contemplating my Facebook and Myspace and yahoo groups and yahoo sites (geocities) and the genealogy sites I have up for my family (2 built by me...4 or 5 built by others) and all the sites that pop up when I do a search on my name where I have expressed an opinion on an email list and it's been spidered. I'm now of the opinion that we've entered into the time of navel contemplation....all of us spend so much time looking at the back of our heads, or telling people what the back of our heads look like and how fun/grotesque/weird/humorous they are that we don't need to do much more in a day then contemplate our computer screen to have a pseudo zen psychiatry experience from our own computer chair.

This puzzled goddess will of course add to the confusion. I'll move the genealogy blogs I write over to this blog and let others who have no interest in that part of my life, pick and choose among the flotsam I choose to let them see.

I've discovered, now that my kids are teenagers, that I'm doing this parenting thing all wrong. Gee I must be really lucky that my kids aren't on drugs or in a gang doing a drive by right now. More on this parenting stuff later.

I really want to get to the importance of bellybutton lint. In my small world, I guess I figure if I'm surprised by belly button lint during a shower or bath that I just haven't been contemplating that navel nearly enough. I need to buckle down to some introspection and maybe my belly button will always be clean? nah...

A friend of mine is overseas as a contractor in those war torn countries and talked about being surprised by the beauty of some of his surroundings.

I live in one of the most scenic areas in many countries and I forget this joy of being surprised by the beauty around me, until I am reminded of all the ugliness that is around us. This is one of the views I see on a daily basis.


And my son, Rune, captured this beautiful sight that I put through an ultra-violet filter and cropped.
Blessings from a Puzzled Goddess

4 comments:

Goddess of Everything said...

I love that picture of you. It shows your fierce beauty.

Unknown said...

Thanks goe sweety! I hope you're referring to the picture at the top of me 9 mos preggers with Rune...then I had a figure and a chin still. :)
Lovies...pg

Kami said...

Glad to see you're contempl--er, blogging! Can I link to you from my blog? Not that this is going to suddenly expose you to a massive readership or anything, but I try to be polite and ask in case such a thing, were it to happen, would be desirable.

That pic of the moon is fabulous. And so are you. I like the mountain too, with its bent companion--I'm guessing that's an oak.

Unknown said...

Yes, of course you may link sweetheart! I'm excited about it!

The mountain was taken last February from the parking lot of our local post office if you can believe it. A bit of cropping and I was very happy with most of the 10 or so pictures I took of it. Talk about an embarrassing wealth of beauty! The views here make it impossible to settle on just one! I think that's one of the reasons I become insensitive to it over time, there is beauty in every direction I see....

The moon was taken at the last eclipse by my son out his bedroom window. I did a bit of photoshop magic with an ultraviolet filter to add some spookiness/magic, but I was impressed by how well he balanced the original composition and framed the moon. Man it's weird when they're growing up!
Love you.

RANDOM READS FROM OUR FAMILY LIBRARY